eConnect International B.V. (Chamber of Commerce: 54441587; hereinafter referred to as ‘eConnect’) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most advanced and secure experience. This privacy statement applies to our websites and eConnect products (hereinafter ‘eConnect’) and concerns data collection and usage. Before using eConnect, you must indicate your consent to the handling of data as described in this statement.
ARTICLE 1 THE COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- eConnect collects the following personal information:
- Email address
- Address; and
- Phone number.
eConnect collects anonymous transaction information, which is not unique to you personally, your company or your customers.
- Information about computer hardware and software is also collected automatically by eConnect. This information may include:
- IP address;
- Browser type;
- Domain names; and
- Access times.
This information is used by eConnect to optimise the service, maintain the quality of the service and provide general statistics regarding the use of eConnect.
- If you disclose any personal data or personally sensitive information through discussions or public groups within the eConnect platform, this information may be collected and used by others.
ARTICLE 2 YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- If eConnect registers your personal data, you have right. These include:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to correct your personal data
- The right to revoke your consent or to object to the processing of your personal details.
- eConnect will comply with this unless there are legitimate reasons for processing, such as a legal obligation. Would you like to make use of (one of) these rights? Please contact us (see Article 8). We will strive to respond to your request within a reasonable period.
- If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we will be happy to hear from you, but you also have the right to file a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
ARTICLE 3 USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- eConnect uses your personal data to manage eConnect and to provide the services or information requested by you (the contractual ground).
- If you create an account on eConnect, you agree that we may process the personal data you enter (the consent basis). If you withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, this does not mean that the data was unlawfully obtained.
- eConnect also uses this data to keep you informed about services, such as new information available from eConnect and its affiliates (The ‘legitimate interest’ ground). Also, eConnect may use surveys to obtain your opinion about current services and/or new services that may be offered.
- To determine which services are the most popular, eConnect keeps track of which websites and pages are visited within eConnect. This data may be used to deliver customized content and messaging within eConnect.
Article 4 Third parties
- eConnect does not provide its customer list to third parties.
- However, we do reserve the right to share anonymised data with partners who help us carry out statistical analyses. In this context, we use Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- We may also share your information with partners to provide customer support or arrange deliveries. These partners are prohibited from using your personal data for purposes other than providing these services to eConnect. Also, the partners are obliged to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- If eConnect shares your personal data with customers, it is done under a sub-data processing agreement.
- eConnect will never disclose your personal information without notice, except when required to do so by law and/or when we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to protect: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with any legal process served on eConnect or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of eConnect; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of eConnect or the public.
ARTICLE 5: RETENTION PERIODS
- Customers of eConnect can determine how long their data is stored in the online archive on the eConnect platform. For other personal data, we will not keep them longer than necessary during the provision of our services. The retention period may therefore differ for each purpose.
- After the retention period has expired, your personal data will be removed or anonymized. Anonymization means that your personal data is stripped of all characteristics that show it is you. What remains are statistical data that can no longer be linked to you in any way. This statistical data is important to us, because it enables us to gain insight into the use that is made of our products and services.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide you with a tool to save time. The purpose of a cookie is to notify the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you individualise the eConnect pages or if you register on an eConnect site or service, the cookie helps to remember certain information about you for future visits. This simplifies the process of storing your personal information or delivery address etc. When you return to the same eConnect page, the information you previously provided is retrieved so that you can easily use the features you customised.
- Cookies set:
Share: This data will not be shared with third parties.
ARTICLE 7 SAFETY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- eConnect is committed to safeguarding your personal information in a controlled, secure environment that protects against unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Whenever personal information is transferred to other websites, it is always protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security with high-quality certificates, which encrypts all sensitive information unrecognisably before it is transmitted.
- We operate a paperless service; old documents go into the shredder and we have no physical archives. The devices we use to access digital documents are adequately secured.
- eConnect has an ISO 27001 certificate that applies to the organisation and the services. With this certificate, we mark our focus on the safety of your personal data and the reliability of our security measures.
ARTICLE 8 CHANGES TO DECLARATION AND CONTACT
- This privacy statement will be regularly updated to continue to act under current legislation and to implement feedback. eConnect advises you to consult this statement periodically.
- Any comments are welcome regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that eConnect has not acted in accordance with this statement, please contact eConnect International B.V. at email@example.com. We will make every reasonable effort to determine and resolve the problem.
Last updated: March 2021