ARTICLE 1 COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
eConnect International B.V. (Chamber of Commerce: 54441587, hereinafter "eConnect") is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most advanced and secure experience. This privacy statement applies to our websites and the eConnect products (hereinafter "eConnect") and covers data collection and usage.
- eConnect records the following personal data:
- E-mail address;
- Address; and
- Telephone number.
- eConnect also collects anonymous transaction information, which is not unique to you personally, your company or your clients.
- There is also information about computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by eConnect. This information may include:
- IP address;
- Browser type;
- Domain names; and
- Access times.
- If you disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through discussions or public groups in eConnect's platform, this information may be collected and used by others.
ARTICLE 2 YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- If eConnect registers your personal data you have a number of rights.
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to correction or removal of your personal data; and
- The right to withdraw given consent or to object to the processing of your data.
- eConnect will comply with these, unless there are legitimate reasons for processing, such as a legal obligation. Do you wish to make use of (one of these) rights? Please contact us (see article 8). We make an effort to respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- If you have a complaint about the way we handle your data, we would like to hear from you, but you also have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
ARTICLE 3 USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- eConnect shall use your personal data to manage eConnect and to provide (deliver) the services or information requested by you (the contractual basis).
- If you create an account on eConnect, you agree that we process the data you enter (the consent basis). If you withdraw your consent to process your data, this does not mean that the data has been obtained unlawfully.
- eConnect also uses these data to keep you informed about services, such as new information available from eConnect and its relations. In addition, eConnect may ask for your opinion about the current services and/or about possible new services to be offered (the "legitimate interest" basis).
- In order to determine which services are most popular, eConnect keeps track of which websites and pages are visited in eConnect. This data can be used for tuned satisfaction and to send messages within eConnect.
ARTICLE 4 THIRD PARTIES
- eConnect shall in principle not provide processed data to third parties.
- However, we reserve the right to share anonymised data with partners who help us perform statistical analyses. In this context we use Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- We may also share your data with partners to provide customer support or arrange deliveries. It is prohibited for these partners to use your personal data for purposes other than providing these services to eConnect. Partners are obliged to keep your information confidential.
- If information is shared with partners, this shall be done under a (sub)processor agreement.
- eConnect shall never disclose your personal data without notice, except when required by law and/or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to an executive order or comply with legal process served on eConnect or on the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of eConnect; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of eConnect or the public.
ARTICLE 5 RETENTION PERIODS
- Clients of eConnect can decide for themselves how long their data will be stored in the online archive on the eConnect platform. For other personal data, we shall not keep them longer than necessary during the performance of our services. The retention period may therefore differ for each purpose.
- After expiry of the retention period, your personal data will be deleted or anonymised. Anonymisation means that your personal data will be stripped of all characteristics that show that it is you. What remains is statistical data that can no longer be linked to you in any way. This statistical data is important to us because it allows us to gain insight into the use made of our products and services.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a means of saving your time. The purpose of a cookie is to inform the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise eConnect pages, or register with eConnect site or services, a cookie helps to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal details or delivery address etc. When you return to the same eConnect page, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
- You have the option to accept or decline cookies. When you visit our website for the first time, we display a pop-up explaining cookies. Once you click on 'All cookies', you give us permission to use all cookies and plugins as described in this statement. You can disable cookies via your browser; please note that our website may then no longer work optimally.
- Types of cookies:
- Technical or functional cookies: by setting these cookies we make it easier for you to visit our website, you do not have to enter the same information each time you visit our website. No permission is required to place these cookies.
- Analytical cookies: because statistics are tracked anonymously, no permission is requested to place analytical cookies
- Marketing cookies: We use remarketing cookies. This is done to advertise on third-party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site.
- Social media buttons: our website includes buttons from Twitter and LinkedIn to promote or share web pages. These buttons work by means of pieces of code originating from Twitter and LinkedIn. Cookies are placed by means of this code. The social media buttons can also store and process certain data so that personalised ads can be placed.
Third parties may also place cookies with us. As the statements of these parties may change regularly, we recommend that you consult these privacy and cookie statements regularly. The following parties place cookies and/or other techniques via our website:
- Google Fonts
To manage your settings for marketing cookies with other parties, please refer to their websites.
ARTICLE 7 SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- eConnect makes every effort to secure your personal data in a controlled, secure environment that protects against unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information is transmitted to other websites, this information is always protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security with high quality certificates, which encrypts all sensitive information unrecognisably before transmission.
- We work paperless; old documents go into the shredder and we have no physical archives. The devices we use to access digital documents are adequately secured.
- eConnect holds an ISO 27001 certificate applicable to the organisation and its services. This marks our focus on the security of your personal data and the reliability of the security measures we take.
ARTICLE 8 AMENDMENTS DECLARATION AND CONTACT
- This privacy statement will be updated periodically to remain in compliance with current legislation and to implement feedback. eConnect encourages you to consult this statement periodically.
- Questions or comments regarding this privacy statement are welcome. If you believe that eConnect has not acted in accordance with this statement, please contact eConnect International B.V. at info@eConnect.eu. We will make every reasonable effort to determine and resolve the potential problem.
Last updated: September 2022